Last Updated: [7/15/2022]
Collection and Retention of Information
When you visit our Sites, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. This and other personal information may be collected when you do the following:
- Request information from us through our “Contact Us” page or by signing up for an account, email updates or newsletters;
- Contact us regarding products or services or to request a quote;
- Apply for employment with us;
- Purchase products or services through our Sites;
- Post user-generated content on any of our Sites; or
- Otherwise interact with our Sites or our representatives.
In other instances, we (or qualified contractors/vendors on our behalf) may automatically collect some non-personally identifiable computer information regarding your use of our Sites, such as the type of computer operating system you are using and the web browser that you are using, as well as information regarding your Internet service provider, IP address, device characteristics, device location and the frequency with which you visit various parts of our web sites.
If you decide to make a payment for any of our products and services, your financial data, which may include your bank account and payment card details, will be collected and processed by our external payment service provider. We will not have access to, collect, use, store or transfer your financial data.
For location information, we may use this information to provide customized Services, content, promotional offers, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish for us or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Consult your device manufacturer settings for instructions. Please note that if you disable such features, your ability to access certain features, Services, content, promotions, or products may be limited or disabled.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect usage data (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Sites, include, but are not limited to, the following (as well as future-developed tracking technology or methods that are not listed here):
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your device. Our Sites may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Sites’ pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites, such as the links you click on.
- ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Sites, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Sites, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Sites;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Sites, including identifying you when you sign into our Sites or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content relevant to your interests on our Sites and third‑party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
We may, from time to time, offer forums or the ability to comment or post content through some of our Sites. If you post personally identifiable information on our Sites, you should be aware that such information could be read, collected or used by other users. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to publish through such forums.
Children’s Data Protection and Parental Responsibility
Our Use and Disclosure of Information
We may use your information (email address, telephone number, etc.) to:
- Respond to requests for product information and quotes;
- Fulfill purchases of products and services;
- Follow-up with you when you have submitted information via the Contact Us portion of the Sites,
- Send you marketing information about our products and services (including the products and services of our related entities);
- Send you email communications and newsletters, improve the effectiveness of our Sites;
- Understand more information about the users of our Sites;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites;
- Comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- For internal business purposes; and
We may share the information that we collect as necessary with our third-party agents or contractors, who assist in providing support for our internal operations and with whom we have obtained contractual confidentiality obligations regarding user information and, unless you have withdrawn your consent to such sharing or have expressed a preference otherwise, with our corporate affiliates if your interaction with us indicates that you may be interested in the products and/or services of those affiliates.
We also may use this information to notify you of new or special programs and offerings. If you do not want any such updates, simply opt out of those communications by sending an email to [email protected], indicating “Privacy Opt Out” in the subject line. You may opt-out any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the email.
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Sites or Services such that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information. We may use and share this aggregated and anonymized information (non-personal information) for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with our affiliates and third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners and others.
We may disclose information where we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, or where we disclose information to data processors who act on our behalf (service providers or other group companies who provide support for the operations of our Sites and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personally identifiable information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or other public agency’s (including schools or children services) request or if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our Sites protect the security or integrity of our Sites and networks, and/or enable us to take precautions against liability, misuse or unauthorized use.
Consent and Removal
By using our Sites, providing us with your information and/or completing a transaction with us (as applicable in your jurisdiction), you are consenting to our collection and use of your information, as provided above. You may revoke this consent at any time by contacting us at the contact information provided below and your subscription will be cancelled and no such further access to our Sites will be available.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Sites, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Services or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at [email protected] If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach only if and to the extent required under applicable law.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of or located within the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain additional data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under GDPR
We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Information
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Sites or from the Sites’ infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Sites or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Disclosure for Law Enforcement – Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Information
The security of your personal information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal information first.
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to [email protected]